Presenters can log in clicking the button below to submit presentation files.
Oral Presentation Guidelines:
Oral presenters will need to submit two files via the link above or via the link that was emailed to you. Individuals giving oral presentations will prepare a slide deck as well as a recorded version of their presentation that will be available on-demand to all AFS 2023 participants. Please review the following instructions for preparing your talk. As a reminder, talks should be 15 min in length.
- Slide decks (PPTx files only) must be uploaded using this link by Monday, August 14, 2023. This is a hard deadline and required of all speakers. Updates to your slide deck can be on site. Presentations should be 15-minute talk with 5-minute Q&A and travel to the next talk (20 minutes total).
- Video files are due no later than Friday, August 18, 2023. You will need to upload an MP4 video file of your talk via the speaker portal, which arrived in your inbox (check your spam folder, too) in late March. There are multiple options for preparing video recordings of your talk, here are a few:
Poster Presentation Guidelines:
Individuals giving their poster presentation in person will prepare both a printed poster for display in Grand Rapids and will upload a PDF version in the speaker portal. Poster presenters may record an optional short video (under 3 minutes) describing their poster that will be available on-demand to all AFS 2023 participants. Please review the following information related to posting and attending your posters as well as information for uploading a pdf version and optional video for display on the virtual conference platform.
In Person Poster Session
Posters should be prepared and printed with final dimensions under 46 inches wide x 48 inches high. Tacks will be provided in Grand Rapids, but also consider bringing a few extras.
All posters should be hung on Monday, August 22nd, between 8:00 – 11:00 am in Exhibit Hall C. Poster presenters are expected to attend their poster during the Exhibit and Poster Networking Event (also known as the “Center for Fisheries Technology and Collaboration”) on Monday, August 21 from 5:30 – 7:30 pm in Exhibit Hall C
All posters will need to be removed from the poster hall between 12:00 – 2:00 pm on Wednesday, August 23th. Posters remaining after the removal period will be taken down and recycled by AFS staff.
PDF and Optional Video files will be due no later than Friday, August 18, 2023. You will need to upload an MP4 video file of your talk via the speaker portal, which arrived in your inbox (check your spam folder, too). There are multiple options for preparing video recordings of your talk, here are a few:
Online Only Presentations Guidelines:
Virtual presenters have the option of recording a presentation that is under 15 minutes (oral presentations) or uploading a poster and preparing a short video describing their work (poster presentation). Your presentation will be available on-demand to all conference participants via the conference portal.
Video and PDF files will be due no later than no later than Friday, Friday, August 18, 2023. You will need to upload an MP4 video file of your talk via the speaker portal, which arrived in your inbox (check your spam folder, too). There are multiple options for preparing video recordings of your talk, here are a few:
- Zoom – Recording with Zoom Meeting App
- PowerPoint – you can record your talk in PowerPoint and export it as a MP4
- XCD Recording tool – this is an online tool in the speaker portal that allows you to directly record and save your talk. Here is a video tutorial describing that process
All video files will have a closed captioning option on the Virtual Conference Platform. You may edit this transcript in the submission portal, but before editing please review this helpful tutorial. We encourage you to further consider the accessibility of your talk by reviewing suggestions on how to prepare an accessible presentation for diverse audiences, shared with us by our colleagues at The Wildlife Society and the Alaska AFS Chapter Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee